My ironic MRE horror story

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
rationtin440

Re: My ironic MRE horror story

Postby rationtin440 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:41 pm

It sometimes defies explanation how the U.S. Army does things, I know I was pretty amazed about the veterinary services since I assumed they handled sentry dogs or something. Here is a site which I found interesting http://vetopportunities.amedd.army.mil/ And for those of you who think that's weird, type "project star gate" or "remote viewing" into a search engine sometime.

cavguy

Postby cavguy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:30 pm

UK Multi Climate Ration Muesli, I have had 2 of these that tasted "off". Never made me sick but I could def. tell something was up! I have also tasted multiple but cakes that made my tongue numb but never made me sick...

steve1989
eBay name: goodlife1998

Postby steve1989 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:52 am

Hey Cavguy, I remember you tried to locate a Chocolate Nut Cake that was still edible and it was only a matter of actually having a fresh one without rancid nuts, which is the tricky part since most have varying degrees of rancidity by this point.

Most the time I had spoiled Rations I had em' on an empty stomach and I probably held the stuff down a little longer than I should have.

As for you making it out of that spoiled UK ORP Muesli and the Nut Cakes without anything other than some numb tongue, I say you have more of an Iron Stomach than I could ever hope for!

All this talk makes me want to locate some still fresh Nut Cakes once & for all!

Oh, and rationtin440, I will for sure buy something out that Reproduction Repro site and get a photo set or 2 on it because I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in stuff like that!
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

Return to “Off-Topic”